Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, simple and taste great.
Make and share this 20 Minute White Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- tortilla chips (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- In 3 quart saucepan, over medium heat, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add turkey.
- Cook until done, stirring occasionally to break up meat.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, mustard, chili powder and pepper.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Top with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and cilantro, if desired.
Very good! I have made it a couple of times now. I was a little scared by the amount of Dijon the first time I made this but, it gives the chili a great flavor! I have made it with beef and turkey as I did not have the turkey the first time I made it. I prefer it with the turkey but, it is good with beef as well. Also, I replaced the corn with hominy just cause it sounded good and have made it with hominy both times. Excellent recipe... Thanks!
Yummy and filling! I made this exactly as written and would't change a thing. Some may think that 1/3 cup of Dijon mustard would be too much, but it's not "mustardy" at all. You really wouldn't guess that there is that much Dijon in it, if any at all. The spiciness level was just right as well. Thanx for sharing!