Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although delicious alone over pasta, you can easily change this sauce by adding ground beef, sausage, or meatballs. Keep the ingredients in your pantry and you always have a quick meal on hand. Makes: 4 cups Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Ready In: 30 minutes Servings:
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed plum tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and continue to stir occasionally until sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve hot over pasta with additional grated cheese, if desired.