Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice and easy without a huge mess and lots of prep time.
- 26 ounces whole pickled jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces chunk tuna (or cooked ground breakfast sausage)
- Drain juice from jalapeño peppers and save the pickled carrot and onion slices. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stems. Rinse under cold water and set on paper towels cut-side down to dry.
- Combine cheese, onion, cilantro, mayonnaise, and tuna (or sausage) in a food processor for 30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fill each jalapeño half with 1 to 1.5 Tbsp of tuna (or sausage) mixture.
- Place the pickled onions and carrots in the center of a platter and arrange the stuffed jalapeños around them.