Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted a quick Spanish Rice side dish one night, to go along side a spicy chicken I was making, so I came up with this simple yummy dish.
- Boil the chicken stock and taco seasoning in a medium pot.
- Once mixture comes to a boil add the rice, salsa, corn and beans (or peas if you prefer; stir a bit.
- Turn heat to low and cover pot.
- Allow to cook on low, undisturbed, for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes are up, toss the rice a bit, and serve!
Delicious and super easy! Omitted the beans because I was serving alongside black beans and cheese enchiladas. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Was good but a little but mushy but that might have been because I kept stirring it (but because it was sticking to the bottom of the pot and I didn't want it to burn)
This dish was good but I didn't totally love it like the rest of the reviewers. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the flavor just wasn't quite "right" for me, though DH quite liked it. The only change I made was to use a green bell pepper in place of the corn (I hate corn).