Recipe by Juju Bee
I wanted a quick Spanish Rice side dish one night, to go along side a spicy chicken I was making, so I came up with this simple yummy dish.
Top Review by ki...mmm
so simple. add-heat-stir. this is my first spanish rice dish and i'm keeping it. it was a bit spicy for us, so i expect to use half the spice next time. i cooked this to compliment chicken enchiladas recipe #24041 with the heat in this dish and the lack of heat in the enchiladas it was a perfect match. note: cooked chicken or beef would fit right in this dish.
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml long grain rice, uncooked
- 35.43 g packet taco seasoning
- 78.07 ml salsa
- 78.07 ml corn kernel
- 78.07 ml black beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the chicken stock and taco seasoning in a medium pot.
- Once mixture comes to a boil add the rice, salsa, corn and beans (or peas if you prefer; stir a bit.
- Turn heat to low and cover pot.
- Allow to cook on low, undisturbed, for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes are up, toss the rice a bit, and serve!