Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted a quick Spanish Rice side dish one night, to go along side a spicy chicken I was making, so I came up with this simple yummy dish.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄3 cup black beans
- Boil the chicken stock and taco seasoning in a medium pot.
- Once mixture comes to a boil add the rice, salsa, corn and beans (or peas if you prefer; stir a bit.
- Turn heat to low and cover pot.
- Allow to cook on low, undisturbed, for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes are up, toss the rice a bit, and serve!
so simple. add-heat-stir. this is my first spanish rice dish and i'm keeping it. it was a bit spicy for us, so i expect to use half the spice next time. i cooked this to compliment chicken enchiladas recipe #24041 with the heat in this dish and the lack of heat in the enchiladas it was a perfect match. note: cooked chicken or beef would fit right in this dish.
Found this way,way too salty for my taste. I suspect the taco seasoning is the villain. Next time will only use a third of it.
So good. I did not add any corn or black beans, but this rice was alot like the kind in mexican restraunts! I made it in the rice cooker and I used beef broth as I was out of chicken stock. I will make again and use the chicken stock.