Recipe by Thornhill
A quaint little recipe derrived from my Fiance's Mother. I am not sure if it's her own, but still... It's for those who are on a tight budget, but still want food with flavor!
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 1 large yellow onions or 1 large red onion
- 1 whole pickle
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheese (use to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (just enough to get the consistency of Tuna Sandwiches)
- 2 (12 ounce) packages hamburger buns
- 16 sheets aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Start off FIRST by tearing your tin foil into nice sized squares, just about 10in by 10in. (The tin foil is to wrap your sandwiches seperately, so when baked the sandwiches turn out with nice and crisp buns, and gooey melted cheese.).
- NOW, preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Cut Spam, Onion, and Pickle into small cubes.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, adding the Mayonnaise in last. The reason for this is to be able to create the consistency of a Tuna Sandwich or Potato Salad stickiness with the Mayo.
- Mix all the ingredients well with a spoon.
- Spoon out a heaping of the mixture onto one side of the 2 buns, but not SO much that the whole sandwich is falling out of the buns.
- Place each "finished" sandwich on a seperate sheet of tin foil, and wrap it up nicely.
- Then, place each individually wrapped sandwich in a row onto a cookie sheet or two.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- You can tell the sandwiches are done when you pull them out and the bread is crisp while the contents are all gooey/melted.