From the "Daily Dish". Great for a cold, winter day and easy for a week night supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1In a large pot, over medium heat, combine oil, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin.
- 2Cook, covered, 5 minutes, until onions are tender.
- 3Stir in broth, hominy, chile peppers and olives.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- 5Stir chicken into pot.
- 6Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink- 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7Can garnish with shredded lettuce, and radish or sour cream and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 20 Minute Posole
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 739.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g