Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the "Daily Dish". Great for a cold, winter day and easy for a week night supper.
Make and share this 20 Minute Posole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size chunks
- In a large pot, over medium heat, combine oil, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin.
- Cook, covered, 5 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Stir in broth, hominy, chile peppers and olives.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Stir chicken into pot.
- Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink- 5 to 10 minutes.
- Can garnish with shredded lettuce, and radish or sour cream and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
I have made this before and got it from another website. It is a good starting base but I always have to add my my little recipe modifications to this. It is not authentic mexican posole, but its a good starting base.
This was yummy! I added 2 tsp. chipotle chili powder, a can of pinto beans and used a small pork tenderloin instead of the chicken. Quick and easy!