Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy, stovetop dinner. This is out of the "Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection" Spring 2002 Edition. I serve this over buttered egg noodles and with a sweet veggie side dish.
- 1 lb boneless pork chop (about 4)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- cooked rice or egg noodles
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in hot oil.
- Add soup and water; cover and simmer until pork is no longer pink (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in shredded Swiss, parmesan and nutmeg after removing from heat.
- Serve over cooked rice or egg noodles.
Lands Me, Girl, these chops are 1st. Rate! They're easy, quick, and, best of all, deeeeelicious! I just fixed 2 chops cause it's just Pa and I, but, boy, we devoured 'em! They went great with chia's Baked Latkes, #48494. Oh, and we put 'em over buttered noodles. YUM! Thanks for sharing a dandy, Tara. We really enjoyed 'em! Laudee
I was amaze how good this dish was. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms. Thanks for posting and this is a keeper.. :)
Pork chops and cheese, already a winner with those two ingredients. Of course it is also well known that Campbell's can't go wrong either. Loved whole mornay sauce flavor.I will make this again. I also served with egg noodles. Thanks for sharing TheDancingCook