Recipe by Chicago Girl
A quick hearty soup, similar to Olive Garden's. I love making this and serving it with oven baked bread and salad.
- 1 lb bob evans bulk Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormick's mild chili seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhite cannellini beans (or pinto beans)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ditali pasta, cooked and drained (or another small pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (or Asiago Cheese(optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Italian sausage, rinse and drain.
- Place sausage in a soup pot.
- Add garlic, Chili mix and Italian seasoning and stir.
- Add tomato paste, pizza sauce, water and beans (do not drain).
- Boil 10 minutes while you cook the pasta in separate pot.
- Drain pasta, add to soup.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese.