Recipe by crazycookinmama
I must have found this recipe in a magazine somewhere. I wrote it down on a sheet of paper, and just now getting around to making it. Let me just say that this is a super yummy pasta. My boys loved it and for not having alot of ingredients it's very filling.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 -8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 slices ham, Cut Into Ribbons
- 4 eggs
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, To Taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a large pot of water to boil & salt it. Turn the oven on to its lowest setting; warm 4 pasta bowls in it. When the water is boiling, add the pasta. Meanwhile, put 1 tablespoon of the butter and the ham into a medium-size sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until the ham colors, about 2 minutes, then divide ham among the pasta bowls.
- Add remaining butter to the pan and, when the foam subsides, crack the eggs into the pan. Cook them sunny side up, until the whites are nearly firm & the yolks very runny. The butter will begin to color while the eggs are cooking; if it threatens to burn, lower the heat to medium.
- When the pasta is tender but not mushy, drain it, reserving a bit of the cooking water. Put the pasta in bowls. Use a spatula to transfer a fried egg to each bowl of pasta & pour all the butter from the pan around the eggs onto the pasta. Slice the eggs on the pasta & toss them with the pasta, adding cheese, and if necessary, a little of the pasta cooking liquid, to make a sauce. Add salt if necessary, & lots of black pepper & serve.