Recipe by BecauseofHim
Quick, easy, and delicious. The ingredients make this recipe different from the classic meat loaf recipe. Give it a try and see for yourself.
Top Review by Diplo-mom
This was a five star recipe for the kids and a three star for the parents. I promised to make again next time hubby out of town. Really, the flavor is quite good if you are a taco/burrito fan. The only change I made to original recipe was to bake in loaf pan and cooked for 1 hour at 375 degrees. Thanks for a "kid keeper"!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Whisk 2/3 cup salsa, 2 large eggs and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl to blend.
- Add onion, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, cilantro, chili powder and ground beef.
- Mix well using hands.
- Form into 5 inch long, 2 1/2 inch wide loaves on lined pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with Sauce.