Recipe by Brookelynne26
From in jennies kitchen.com. This may be doubled or tripled and extras stored in the freezer.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 793.78 g can whole san marzano tomatoes
- handful fresh basil leaf, torn
- 0.25 ml sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a deep, heavy bottomed 2-quart pot. Add garlic and saute until very fragrant and golden. Using your hand, crush tomatoes and add to the pot—this can be done beforehand in a bowl if you’re worried about any oil popping up when the liquid makes contact with the hot oil.
- Pour any remaining liquid from the can and stir. Add the basil, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 20 minutes. May be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for two months, stored in an airtight container.