Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe I adapted from the Joy of Cooking.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups huckleberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 -8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a standard 12-muffin pan or line with paper cups.
- Thoroughly mix the flour, baking powder, salt and huckleberries together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk or cream, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together with a few light strokes just until just blended. Do not overmix; the batter should not be smooth.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and serve warm.
Good muffins! I used soy milk to make them lactose free and the muffins were excellent. I put in extra huckleberries, so they were very berry and delicious! Easy and quick, too!