Recipe by adams.wifey
This is a super easy granola recipe. It isn't overly sweet and is a real crowd-pleaser. It also makes your house smell fabulous for hours after you bake it. I normally add about 2 Tbsp. wheat germ and a tsp. brewers yeast to my dry ingredients - for nutritional value.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds (or other nuts, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (coconut oil works really well)
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon and flax in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil, honey and vanilla in another, smaller bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry - you may need to use your hands.
- Then spread the mixture onto two cookie sheets lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake 10 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, transfer into an airtight container for storage.