Prep 4 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a super easy granola recipe. It isn't overly sweet and is a real crowd-pleaser. It also makes your house smell fabulous for hours after you bake it. I normally add about 2 Tbsp. wheat germ and a tsp. brewers yeast to my dry ingredients - for nutritional value.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds (or other nuts, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (coconut oil works really well)
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon and flax in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil, honey and vanilla in another, smaller bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry - you may need to use your hands.
- Then spread the mixture onto two cookie sheets lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake 10 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, transfer into an airtight container for storage.
Love this recipe! Quick, easy, and so delicious. I now make this every Sunday :). I've also sometimes added some cocoa to make it "chocolate granola".
Excellent granola! The directions are perfect and the end result is fabulous. Addictive, even! I'm glad I made the full batch because we have been snacking on this a lot. Thank you for posting! Made for the Spring Pick A Chef event in the contests and events forum.
Awesome....this was the first time ever for me making granola... It was fast and easy. I only had toasted flax seeds on hand and I used 3 tablespoons of them. But otherwise this recipe was a good starting point for me. Thanks so much for sharing this. Making another batch over the weekend!