Recipe by Monique_AustinTX
This recipe is adapted from minutemeals. It's quick, definitely easy, and flavorful! You don't feel heavy afterwards because it's served over lettuce but it's still filling. Also, I highly recommend Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian dressing for both the recipe and as a dressing on the salad greens
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup store-bought Italian dressing
- romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (enough for 4 servings)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- If necessary, pat dry the shrimp.
- In a medium or large bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in a shallow 13X9 baking pan.
- Broil shrimp, 4 inches from heat turning them after 2 minutes, until just heated through. Remove shrimp from broiler.
- Rinse and drain the white beans. Add the beans, Italian dressing, and chopped red onions to a serving bowl. Add shrimp and toss until combined.
- Lightly coat Romaine lettuce with additional Italian dressing. Divide among 4 separate bowls. Spoon shrimp and white bean salad over the lettuce. Serve.