Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed,divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup Minute brown rice, uncooked
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp.
- each of the garlic powder and rosemary.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add broth and water to skillet; stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and remaining garlic powder and rosemary.
- Top with chicken; cover.
- Cook on low heat 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
This dish smells absolutely heavenly while it is cooking! If you are looking for a simple, easy to fix quick supper look no further! The chicken is moist and flavorful and the rice is delicious! Thanks for the great supper tonight, Steve!
I have had this recipe in my cookbook for a couple months but never "got around" to making it. I'm sorry it took me so long! This is a very flavorful dish and my children loved it! (don't discount the value of this! LOL) I added a few vegetables to it carrots, broccoli and it was excellent. Thanks.
This is just what we were looking for. Simple, fast and good! We used quinoa instead of rice. Thanks!