Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delightful meal. So quick and easy. Serve it with pasta and a salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Cook chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; cover and simmer 5 additional minutes or until cheeses melt.
Absolutely delicious, quick and simple. Going in the recipe box :) Thank you so much!
This recipe is so good and easy, even on weekday nights after work.
I usually make chicken parmesan without bread crumbs but I was just making this for hubby so I thought I would try this recipe as I wanted something quick. I followed the recipe as written other then I forgot to add the parsley. Hubby enjoyed it but I did have to cook mine 10 minutes longer then the recipe called for.