Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is fettuccine in a snap and it tastes great too. I make this a lot in my house. If you can’t find sweet pepper fettuccine, you can use regular fettuccine or spinach fettuccine—whatever kind you like.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated red sweet pepper fettuccine or 1 (9 ounce) package linguine
- 1 3⁄4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, strips or pieces
- 1 large zucchini, halved length wise and sliced (about 2 cups) or 1 large yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, strips for stir frying
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Use the kitchen scissors to cut pasta in half. Cook in lightly salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain; return pasta to hot pan.
- Meanwhile, drain tomato strips reserving 2 tablespoons oil from jar; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining reserved oil. Add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the chicken, zucchini, tomato, and cheese to the cooked pasta. Toss gently to combine.
- Season with pepper to taste.