southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is fettuccine in a snap and it tastes great too. I make this a lot in my house. If you can’t find sweet pepper fettuccine, you can use regular fettuccine or spinach fettuccine—whatever kind you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated red sweet pepper fettuccine or 1 (9 ounce) package linguine
- 1 3/4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, strips or pieces
- 1 large zucchini, halved length wise and sliced (about 2 cups) or 1 large yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, strips for stir frying
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Use the kitchen scissors to cut pasta in half. Cook in lightly salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain; return pasta to hot pan.
- 2Meanwhile, drain tomato strips reserving 2 tablespoons oil from jar; set aside.
- 3In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from skillet.
- 4Add remaining reserved oil. Add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the chicken, zucchini, tomato, and cheese to the cooked pasta. Toss gently to combine.
- 5Season with pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 20 Minute Chicken Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 27.5 g