Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These satisfying sugar-free treats are so packed with dried cherries and rolled oats that they taste more like delicious granola bars. As an added bonus, you can whip them up in less than half an hour. From Shape Magazine,recipe of Tiffany Tse.
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (the program keeps putting in the word SEEDS. I didn't put that in)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas in a bowl. Stir in oats, applesauce, dried cherries, flax and vanilla extract. Mix batter well.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
I LOVE this recipe! I can't have gluten so love finding tasty cookie recipes without flour. This cookie is a yummy, healthy treat without all the sugar and calories. They are more like little banana bread bites than cookies. I added a little bit of salt and a little bit of honey to the recipe the second time I made it and they came out perfect!