Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is GOOD ! I went to a meeting two weeks ago and someone brought it. It disappeared quick ! The lady said it is from the 70's...that they use to have neighborhood block parties when her children were babies and someone shared it....enjoy!!!
- 2 (4 ounce) cans canned chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (3 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup mexican cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- Heat tortillas in oil (corn or flour) and drain.
- Place 1 T of mixture in the middle and roll up -- line them all up in a casserole and when done -- pour what's left over on top and cover with cheese.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes.
- Top with salsa or any relish you like.
- P.S. I make my own soup. I melt butter or margarine and add enough flour to make a thin paste and some salt and pepper. I cook this about 2 min while stirring with a whisk as it thickens.
- Then I add 1 can of beef broth and some powdered chicken stock and when it gets to the consistency I want I add the 2 cans of chicken & the juice, sour cream (opt) and some chopped jalapenos. After rolling up the tortillas I bake- 5 min before done I top with mexican cheese and some chopped tops of green onion. We serve salsa on the side.
Too much canned ingredients in this recipe...try a healthier version using fresh ingredients for your family.
I made these for dinner & really enjoyed. I love sour cream and used white shredded queso blanco cheese. Yum! Super easy as well!
This recipe was so quick and easy! I used your suggestion for cream of chicken soup substitute and used about 12 ounces water with chicken bouillion to make the soup. I used about 3 Tbsp. filling in each tortilla and had some queso that I needed to use, so I put part sour cream and part queso. Thanks for this quick and simple recipe that I can whip up in no time!!