Recipe by Oolala
From Home Cookin' With Dave's Mom. This is from David Letterman's Mom and she only served this for special occasions with a Bordelaise Mushroom Sauce.
- 3 -4 lbs beef tenderloin
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove meat from refrigerator.
- Rub garlic cloves on tenderloin and season (NO SALT) with minced herbs.
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. with the broiler pan in the oven.
- Place tenderloin on pan and reduce heat to 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat again to 325 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let the meat "rest" for 20 minutes -- then slice.