Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean chuck, ground
- 1 lb lean pork, ground
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can Budweiser beer
- 8 ounces Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons bouillon (or 6 cubes)
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon water
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown half the meat; pour off fat. Remove meat.
- Brown remaining meat; pour off all fat except 2 Tbsps.
- Add onion, garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Add meat and remaining ingredients except flour, cornmeal and warm water. Mix well.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 2 hours.
- Stir together flour and cornmeal; add warm water. Mix well.
- Stir into chili mixture. Cook covered 20 minutes longer.
- Serve hot.
this was okay. too greasy for my tastes.
I agree with gay. Also too many ingredients makes a dish too complictated, I would say a few of the spices could have been left out. It had a nice flavour though!
My only comment would be that it looks is if I should have kept out the 1st patch of meat cooked and used the remainder to simmer for 2 hours because if I used all the meat I did not have anything to bring to a boil it was to dry. just my thoughts.