Recipe by acherwin
I made this recipe up in a hurry at the grocery store and it turned out pretty well. I bought a 2 items and the rest were in my fridge. I had plenty of left mix after filling my tomatoes, so I took a look in my fridge to see what else was there. I added the cream cheese and mayo to stretch the rest of the filling for a dip. I then added the tomato paste after I got the idea to call it 2-Way Tomato Appetizer. I'm not sure where it came from, but it was a hit at the party. My favorite recipes are the ones that I make up on the fly. This recipe is easily doubled.
- 6 ounces pesto sauce
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (herbed or plain)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off of cherry tomatoes and seed them leaving little tomato "cups".
- Combine 3 oz. of the pesto and all of the goat cheese in a bowl and blend well with a hand mixer.
- Load 1/2 mix into a plastic bag and then cut the tip to make your own piping bag.
- Fill hollowed tomatoes with mixture.
- Combine remaining mixture with the rest of the pesto, softened cream cheese, mayo, and tomato paste and then blend. Put into serving bowl.
- Arrange stuffed tomatoes and dip on a platter and serve with breadsticks for dipping.