Recipe by JustJanS
This is a salad that I'm often asked to bring to parties.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Jan, what an interesting combination of flavors. Really unique and very tasty. I am so proud of myself because I am growing an herb garden and I had the chives and oregano (fresh). You didn't specify whether the sundried tomatoes were oil packed or dry, so I chose the dry ones since you had olive oil listed. I didn't have the pine nuts, so I used sunflower seeds, and that worked out well. I loved eating this salad...no real cooking on a hot evening. I will make this one again. I am wondering how fresh tarragon would be instead of the oregano? Maybe I will be brave and make it that way soon. If I do, I will let you know how the substitution fit in. Thanks for posting this one!
- 500 g pasta (I like bow shapes)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 medium red peppers
- 100 g drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80 ml olive oil
- 40 ml white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until tender.
- Drain well, then run under cold water to cool.
- Drain well.
- Cut the bacon, peppers and sun dried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Heat the first tablespoon of oil in a pan and cook this mixture until the peppers are soft.
- Combine the pasta, pepper mixture, cheese, nuts, herbs and fresh tomatoes in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix well.