Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We really like these for basting chicken, or dipping chicken strips.
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 can sliced peach
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- For pineapple sauce--------------.
- Pour undrained pineapple into bowl.
- Add peaches and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add spices and stir until blended.
- For orange sauce--------------.
- In small saucepan, combine ingredients.
- Heat on med to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Can be used to baste chicken, pork, or fish.
- Or are excellent as dipping sauces for nuggets, strips, etc.
I thought the orange sauce was good, however I didn't ave any V-8 so I used tomato sauce and I think that kind of messed up the flavor. My boys loved it though. I think the Pineapple Peach sauce is a hit, can be used with ice cream as well. Yumm-o!