I love stuffed cabbage rolls but don't have the time or patience to stuff them. I usually make a casserole version in the oven but after fooling around with a few recipes I had on hand, I found this way much quicker and just as tasty. Makes a great busy weeknight dinner. I like to serve this with some warm bread or dinner rolls. I also like to make the rice with a recipe posted by Jan S, #53546 Perfect rice every time we cook it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In one pot, cook rice; you will want to end up with 2 cups of cooked rice.
- 2In the second pot, a medium dutch oven, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain if needed and return to pot.
- 3Add your soup and sauce, 1/2 cup water, cabbage, salt and pepper to taste; stir well.
- 4Cook over medium heat, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is soft.
- 5Stir occasionally and add remainder 1/4 cup of water while cooking, if sauce gets too thick.
- 6Divide rice onto 4 plates; top with the beefy tomato cabbage mix.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2 Pot Stove Top Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 800.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 32.2 g