Recipe by mariposa13
From WW All Time Favorites. Per Serving (1 roll and 1/2 tbsp sauce): 78 cal, 1g fat, 15g carb, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Top Review by Debbwl
This is my first time ever making spring rolls so it took me a bit longer to make them and they may not be quite as pretty as spring rolls made by someone with more experienced in making them. We did enjoy the clean fresh simple flavors and really enjoyed that they were healthy and low calorie. I did make as written including finely chopping the peanuts, but think next time would put in the blender to get a little better dipping sauce. We did think the sauce brought a lot of flavor to the dish. Will continue to improve my spring roll skills by making this again, thanks for the post.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, unsalted, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce cellophane noodle (part of 16 oz package)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 (8 inch) round rice paper sheets
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into matchstick strips
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 scallions, sliced into long, thin strips (light green parts only)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, fresh, packed
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dipping sauce: combine vinegar, lime juice, peanuts, sugar and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine noodles with boiling water in medium bowl.
- Soak noodles for 12 minute Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Half-fill large skillet with warm water.
- Soak 1 rice paper round in water 30-45 seconds.
- Pat with paper towel to remove water.
- Place 1/4 noodles on bottom third of rice paper.
- Top with 1/4 each of cucumber, carrot, scallions, and cilantro.
- Tightly roll rice paper around filling, but just enough to cover it.
- Place 1/4 parsley leaves in single row along the roll, then continue rolling up to form neat cylinder.
- Place roll seam side down on plate and cover with damp paper towel.
- Complete filling 4 rolls.
- Slice each rolls on diagonal into 4 pieces. Serve with sauce.
- 2 points plus yeilds 1 roll and 1/2 tbsp sauce.