Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is fast,simple and less than messy but best of all .....you get your chocolate fix in less than 5 mins!!!!!!!!!
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons water, for vegan
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar or 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all dry ingredients in a microwave safe mug with a fork, add all wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until its a smooth and running liquid. place mug in microwave and set on full power for 2 minutes after the timer has gone off, let cake sit in microwave for 30 seconds. serve plain, dusted with sugar,with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream -- whatever catches your fancy.
- HAPPY MICROWAVING!
I've tried several different microwave mug cake recipes ever since I discovered they were a thing a few months ago, but was always disappointed with the results. They always tasted like sweet chocolate-flavored omelettes. This eggless recipe, on the other hand, is perfect. The texture is as close to an oven-baked cake as anyone can hope for. 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder sound like a lot, but the rich taste was actually perfect- almost like a dark chocolate cake. I almost hate that you posted this, because I know I will be making it way more often that I should. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
The best mug cake recipe ever! I've tried some other recipes before, but none of them gives a super fantastic taste like this recipe! I personally find 3tbs of sugar makes the cake too sweet, and 3tbs of oil makes it too greasy, so I just reduce those ingredients to the way I want. Overall, this recipe is superb!!
Used coconut oil instead, also added 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp espresso powder. Delicious!