Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a wonderful crock pot recipe that only takes 2 minutes to assemble. Actually including cook time of noodles or rice its a little more but its still easy!
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (2 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low over night or all day.
- Do not cook on high as the beef could burn.
- Serve on top of egg noodles or rice for a filling easy dinner.
This recipe is quick and easy and has great flavor. I did tweak just a bit because of using the crock-pot. I left out the seasoned salt, the soup mix has plenty. I added a teaspoon of Gravy Master for a richer color. And for convenience I added the entire 8oz package of pre-sliced mushrooms, no leftover 'shrooms to get lost in the fridge. Here's a TIP, to add a little variety... Add 1/2 tsp of dry Dill and 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard to this recipe then stir in 1 Cup Sour Cream at the end for 2 Minute Beef Stroganoff.
Very good dinner to put together quickly. I used reduced fat cream of mushroom soup and only 1/4 tsp. seasoning salt since the package of soup mix is already so salty. Served over whole wheat noodles, it was filling and tasty! MERP'd for August Crockpot Game '08.
I agree, this is a great recipe for those days when you just don't want to bother with a lot of kitchen time. Thanks for posting!!!!!