Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
You will be amazed at how corn on the cob which usually took 30 minutes to an hour now takes 2 minutes per ear. My grandmother was out here in Denver visiting me (she is from Alabama) and she showed me this. I couldnt beleive how a microwave could do an ear of corn so good!
- Take the outer layer of the husk off of the corn and discard, leaving the clean part of the husk and silk intact.
- Wrap the damp paper towel over the ear of corn and place it in the microwave.
- Microwave the corn on high for exactly 2 minutes.
- Take it out of the microwave and peel the husk away and carefully remove the silk.
- Season to your taste and enjoy.
- Note: For two ears heat them on high for 4 minutes, add two minutes for each additional ear of corn.
Super simple and good. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.
This is so easy and tastes soooo good. I took off most of the outer layer of husk, leaving only a thin layer intact, along with the silk. It is very hot when you take it out, so be careful. But the silk came off easily by running the ear under cold water. And it stayed really hot even after the cold water shower.
Good Idea. My mother always has put the corn without the husk in a ziplock bag with a little water and mircrowave. DO NOT SEAL BAG, leave open a bit for steam