A brownie “crust” and peanut butter top! That is Gluten Free, Vegan and No bake :) This comes from the Minimalist Baker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup walnuts, raw
- 1/2 cup almonds, raw
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan) or 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- 1/2 cup tbsps cocoa powder (unsweetened) or 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened) or 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1To make the brownie layer, pulse dates in the food processor until small bits remain. Remove from processor and set aside in a small bowl. Add walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips and cocoa powder in the processor and pulse until well combined. Then, while the processor is running, drop small bits of the dates in until a dough is formed. It should begin to ball up at some point. If it remains too dry, add a couple more whole (pitted) dates until a dough is achieved.
- 2Press into an 8×8 pan (or one of similar size) lined with parchment or plastic wrap. This makes it easier to lift out and cut.
- 3Press until flat using your hands or a spatula. Pop in the freezer.
- 4To make peanut butter layer, process dates until small bits remain. Remove and set aside in a bowl. Then add raw almonds and peanuts and pulse until small bits remain. Add back in peanut butter and the dates and process until well combined. Press on top of brownie layer until smooth. Using plastic wrap or parchment can help get it completely flat.
- 5Freeze for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan and cutting. Cut into about 20 squares (Bite size squares). Store in an airtight container to keep fresh. I keep mine in the freezer so they stay fresh for weeks.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2-Layer No Bake Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.3
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g