Recipe by Purplerosechef
This is my family favourite cheesecake. It is easy to make and its delicious. Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes Serves - 1 cake (9 x 9in cake)
For the Cake
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g cornflour (cornstarch)
- 250 g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 125 g butter, melted
- 80 g cream cheese, softened (I used philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 60 ml fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon cake stabilizer (Ovalette)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- grated cheddar cheese, for topping
For the Filling
- 60 g butter
- 60 g cornflour (cornstarch)
- 60 g sweetened condensed milk
- 70 ml fresh milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Cake:.
- Beat eggs, sugar, all-purpose flour, corn flour (cornstarch), baking powder, cake stabiliser and fresh milk with mixer at the highest speed for 8 minutes or until the mixture becomes white and fluffy.
- Add in the melted butter and mixed slowly with wooden spoon until well incorporated. Stir in the cream cheese and mixed again slowly with wooden spoon.
- Prepared 2 baking pans 9 x 9 inch, greased with melted butter and lined with greaseproof paper. Pour the batter equal quantity to both pans. Bake in preheat oven 160 degrees Celcius, for 35 minutes. The cake is ready when tested with the toothpick comes out clean. Leave cakes in pans for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- For the Filling:.
- Melt the butter, corn flour (cornstarch), sweetened condensen milk and fresh milk. Keep on stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and sticky. This process could take about 25 minutes.
- Spread the filling on top of the first cake and top with the second cake. Spread the filling again on the second cake and sprinkle with the grated cheddar cheese. Chill before serving.