Recipe by lkazmo2
A double layer of yumminess! A layer of Alfredo in noodles, topped by a layer of meat and red sauce. This makes a 9x13. I cut it in half for my house. This was given to me by my DS. It is a family favorite.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) box ziti pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until tender. Add garlic and sauté one minute more. Crumble ground beef into pan and brown. Drain beef mixture and return to pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce and 1/2 teaspoons of salt and set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan, and whisk in flour until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk and whisk till mixture is thick and bubbly. Stir in parmesan cheese, remaining salt, and the pepper. stir till mixed well. Poor mixture over your cooked ziti noodles and mix well, making sure the noodles are well covered with Alfredo sauce.
- Transfer noodles to a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish. Top evenly with the ground beef and spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes till heated through and cheese is melted.