Recipe by awalde
An Indian inspiration! Microwave recipe.
Top Review by Annacia
This isn't the Halva that we are used to but thats fine, this is yummy. I made both the cinnamon and cardamom and topped each with chopped pistachio's. Using the food processor helps this go really fast. DH loved it! wow :D. This is simple and very tasty. I had a small bit of trouble cutting it into nice looking squares but I'm sure thats because I didn't allow it to chill long enough. I'm so pleased that I tried this! Made for ZWT 8.
- 350 g apples, peeled and grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk (7.5 % fat)
- 4 tablespoons semolina
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried fruit, for topping (any dried mix fruits for cakes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons nuts, broken roasted (like almonds, pistachios, cashew or peanuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave the grated apples 3 minutes (900 W or maximum).
- Add sugar, condensed milk and semolina.
- Mix well.
- Microwave all together 12 minutes (900 W or maximum).
- Dived in 2 portions.
- Prepare 2 greased pans of 5 to 7 inches.
- Cinnamon halva: add cinnamon, mix well, spread in the first pan and decorate with dried fruits.
- Cardamom halva: add cardamom, mix well, spread in the first pan and decorate with almonds or nuts.
- After cooling down keep in refrigerator and cut in small pieces.
- Serve refrigerated or at room temperature.