Recipe by rpgaymer
This recipe was emailed to me. It's 2-ingredient ice cream that doesn't require an ice cream maker! It also has less fat and sugar than regular ice cream. Sounds perfect. Time to chill the can of evaporated milk is not included in the prep time.
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk, with Vitamin D added
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) or 3 -4 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill the milk in the fridge overnight. It is crucial for the milk to be thoroughly chilled.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl. Whip until fluffy, about 40 seconds.
- Add the powdered sugar, slowly pouring into the bowl and whip until combined. (You can add your vanilla extract or cocoa powder at this point and whip until combined).
- Place the bowl in the freezer for an hour.
- Pull out from the freezer, whip for 1 minute and back to the freezer. Repeat about 4 times.
- Place in a container with a lid. Store in the freezer.