Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are great, really simple, really easy and of course, really tasty! The taste of the pure partly toasted coconut comes through really well and I always make a double batch. WARNING: If you don't like coconut, make something else!
- 0.22-0.33 lb unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (regular sized can NOT evaporated)
- Pour around 3/4 of the can of condensed milk into a large bowl.
- Preheat the grill or broiler to medium.
- Add 100g of the coconut to the bowl and mix well.
- You want the mixture to form a relatively dry but moist enough dough so that when you shape the mixture in your hands only a minimal amount of milk leaks out.
- Add more coconut or condensed milk accordingly until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Shape into balls or pyramids and grill or broil for a few minutes watching carefully as these can burn from 1 minute to the next. Do not take your eyes off them!
- When they are lightly patched with golden brown they are ready.
- Nothing beats the taste of freshly toasted coconut. Yum Yum!
Love it! Two of my favorite ingredients. Worked great.
annnnndddd...if you don't have one of the only 2 ingredients needed, don't comment.
Fantastic!! Just what I was looking for. So easy and delicious!Must make more.
These were very quick to make and are a delicious quick treat and gluten free to boot! Win-win. I was going to give it 4 stars, but added the extra star to counter the person who rated a two ingredient recipe with one star when THEY WERE OUT OF ONE INGREDIENT. It only had TWO ingredients to start with.