Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been making this punch for years. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asks for the receipe and then thinks that I'm truly keeping it a secret because they cant believe it only has 2 ingredients. It is the easiest, most light and refreshing compliment to any shower, tea or party gathering. It's beautiful looking too and matches any theme or color. You can make it for a few people up to 100's and still, it is a money friendly punch because it has only 2 ingredients. But don't let the 'only 2' ingredients fool you. It's delicious! (Some people say it reminds them of champagne.) Kid friendly, teen friendly, adult friendly. Enjoy!
- 1 (2 quart) bottle white grape juice (any brand)
- 1 -2 liter ginger ale (i use canada dry diet ginger ale, you can't tell it's Diet)
- raspberries (optional)
- blackberry (optional)
- strawberry, cut in half with the green stem still attached (optional)
- blueberries (optional)
- Place white grape juice and ginger-ale in refrigerator overnight or until well chilled. Placing them in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving will make them 'icy' and everyones favorite.
- In a serving picture or punch bowl, pour equal parts white grape juice and ginger-ale. Stir gently. Fill each glass, and if you want garnish with frozen fruit.
- Optional Garnish: On a lined cookie sheet, place the fruit(s) in a single layer but not touching, into the freezer for several hours until frozen (or overnight). After they are completely frozen, they can be bagged together as long as they stay in the freezer so they don't stick together. Then use one of each fruit to garnish each glass. It is beautiful and also keeps it colder longer and doesn't water down the flavor.
I made this for a family birthday party, and it was enjoyed by everyone, from the grandparents down to the 2 year old! I froze blackberries, strawberries and blueberries and floated them in the punch bowl. For about 10 minutes, the fruit was encased in a thin layer of ice, which was both entertaining for the kids and delicious! I ended up having to make a second batch, and the bowl was empty when everyone left. This is a ridiculously easy and fantastic recipe for a special drink that raises the bar from just plain soda!
easy and elegant. You can do so much with the different fruit choices.
Terrific! So funny that everyone at the party kept saying how great this was, over and over again. I made a white grape juice ring to keep it cool, and used the recommned frozen raspberries. Just great!