1/4 Photos of 2 Ingredient Pineapple Cake (With Pineapple Sauce)
1 hr 5 mins
From American Heart Association Healthy Recipes booklet. A cake that smells like a pineapple upside down cake but without all the fat and calories. The sauce really adds a lot to the cake but is optional if you just want a low-key dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in juice (not syrup)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 13x9x2" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 2Put cake mix in a large bowl and stir in undrained pineapple until well combined.
- 3Pour mixture into baking pan and smooth down the surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 30 minutes then run a thin knife around the edges of the cooled cake before slicing and removing from pan. Serve alone or with the following pineapple sauce (which I highly recommend).
- 5For Pineapple Sauce: While cake is cooling, in a small saucepan, gently stir together the sauce ingredients until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- 6Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 7Remove pan from heat and let cool slightly.
- 8Serve the warm sauce over the cake slices.
- 9Store leftover sauce in a container with a tight fitting lid. You can serve additional sauce either cold or reheat in the microwave till just warm.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2 Ingredient Pineapple Cake (With Pineapple Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g