Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Woman's Day on line. Fast and easy. Two ingredients. Makes good toast. If you don't have self rising flour, use a recipe here at food.com to make it from scratch, I did.
- Heat oven to 375°F You’ll need a 9 x 5 x 3-in. loaf pan, lightly greased.
- Put flour in a medium bowl. Add beer and stir with a rubber spatula just until flour is moistened completely. Scrape into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes until top is lightly browned, the sides pull away from the pan and pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes, then turn out on rack to cool. Cut in 1/2-in. slices to serve. Makes great toast.
- Cheddar-Scallion Variation Mix flour with 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar, 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions and 11/2 tsp poultry seasoning.