Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A family friend makes this for all types of church get-togethers. I ate some when mom brought it home and I could not believe how simple this is to put together.
- 1 (12 ounce) canof ready to spread frosting, any flavor
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips, any flavor (ie. chocolate chips)
- Make sure you have complimentary flavors.
- Melt the chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Melt frosting until pourable, about 30 seconds.
- Mix together the chips and frosting and pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Chill until set, about an hour.
- Makes a very soft, smooth fudge.
- Do not use the toffee chips, as they don't melt very well.
- Try any other flavor combo you can think of.
WOW! This is so good and so easy to make. I used a cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate chips. It came out smooth and very rich. I also added cinnamon and some vanilla to the mix. Thank you for sharing.
This is my favorite fudge recipe. I often make this into truffles too by rolling the soft fudge into balls and into some sprinkles or nuts. I use all sorts of variations. Over the years, I've used all sorts of things in this recipe, including mint chocolate frosting, peanut butter swirl chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, and more. It is delicious and always a crowd pleaser.
This is really simple to make and tastes really good. You just have to make sure you don't burn the chooclate.