Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This may be a first for RecipeZaar - two recipes in one! I had leftovers from the Herbed Chicken with no takers (if you know what I mean). This is delicious hot, but leftovers lose its appeal. Hating to see food go to waste, I created an out-of-this world recipe for Herbed Chicken Salad. (From now on, I WILL make sure I have leftovers for the chicken salad.) I doubled the original Herbed Chicken recipe to accommodate the chicken salad. If you like traditional chicken and chicken salad, search elsewhere. This is for those who are looking for unique flavors.
Top Review by crissi
This is an awsome recipe!! I only had dill for the chicken salad and it was still wonderful. I had mixed the mayo and dill togehter nd then actually had in in the fridge for a day until i mixed the chicken in and someone at my work who tried it thought it was fresh dill. Everyone who tried it loved it! This is a keeper!
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 tablespoons melted margarine
- 4 tablespoons grated onions
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
Leftovers for Chicken Salad
- 4 leftover cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste to desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Herbed Chicken (served hot):.
- Mix margarine with spices.
- Coat chicken with herb mixture.
- Place in baking dish skin side up Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
- For leftover chicken salad:.
- Mix all leftover ingredients together.
- Delicious served on a plate of lettuce- suppose you could put in a sandwich.
- Probably would be best served the next day to let flavors blend mine didn't last that long.