Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are great buns, although it took me a few tries to perfect the recipe. This is also a great recipe to use to make CHILLI STUFFED BUNS, and HOTDOG STUFFED BUNS.
- 3 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fast rising yeast (fleishmans)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 7 -9 cups flour
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add eggs and add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Pat with oil.
- Let rise 15 minutes and punch down every 15 minutes to make an hour.
- After the hour form into buns, and place on greased pans.
- Let rise another hour, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
this is the best 2 hour bun recipe ever thats all i got to say
I've made this recipe 3 times now... all with excellent results. Quite amazing considering my crappy baking ability.
Thank you for posting this one! My these buns turned out so awesome for me. I was making beans and thought it would be so nice to have fresh buns today. Seen as it was January 1st all stores were open and I got this idea to bake them myself. Most recipes all were for bread makers. This one was simple and yet turned out very nice.