Recipe by rsarahl
Pack a Calcium and Vitamin C punch with this kid friendly shake. It is worth finding sucanat if you can as sucanat is a healthier option for kids than refined white sugar.
Top Review by ladypit
Decent shake. I used splenda because I wanted to keep the calorie count as low as possible (and I was out of sucanat). I found that it really needed the sweetner. Immediately after it came out of the blender it was really only about a 3 rating, but letting it sit helped some.
- 6 ounces orange juice, calcium fortifed and pulp free
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon sucanat (natural cane sugar) or 1 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Whiz all ingredients together in the blender until ice is chipped very fine and mixture is frothy.
- Note: If you are using soymilk and want to use the sucanat or sugar, start by adding half of a teaspoon, tasting and then adjusting for sweetness.
- Many soymilk brands are already slightly sweetened.