I love french rolls and love coming up with new ways to enjoy them. This would make a great snack, lunch or even a dinner with a side salad. I had just included 1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms, because I thought people could use their sauteed mushroom recipe of choice that added up to that amount. I've included what I used... not really a recipe.. just really basic, but delicious.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1 French roll, halved
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml sauteed mushroom
- 2 slice American cheese (if using American, cut slices into small squares) or 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Directions for sauteed mushrooms:.
- Saute the mushrooms and salt/pepper in the olive oil until the mushrooms are slightly brown.
- Directions for toast:.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Each split roll gets half of the butter and garlic amount. Spread each amount of butter over face of roll, then the garlic.
- Divide the mozz. cheese in equal parts and spread out over bread.
- Spread sauteed mushrooms over mozz. cheese.
- Lay/spread American or cheddar cheese over mushrooms.
- Put on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes (ovens vary).