Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This mac and cheese is so creamy and good you will make it often. It is worth the little extra effort.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup ham (slivered)
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tablespoon onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (scalded)
- Cook macaroni by package directions.
- Drain well. Add butter and toss till well coated.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put in a 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.