Recipe by queenbeatrice
Lovely Belly Warming Chili
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was a nice hearty bowl of chili. After I took the photos and came back to review it, I saw I forgot the corn. So I'll add it, in a minute or so. I don't think I'd change any thing in this recipe. Thank you for sharing it. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game from August 12th, 2010
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (125 ml) can green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions, carrots and garlic in cooking oil until tender-crisp.
- In a large deep skillet, brown meat and drain fat.
- Add cooked vegetable mixture and seasonings to cooked meat.
- Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cheese.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with cheese.