Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the starch for the Easter dinner from Good Housekeeping. Receipe #1 was roast leg of lamb with figs and wine
- 5 lbs assorted small potatoes (red, white, purple, golden)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- rosemary sprig (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Cut each potato in half or into quarters if large.
- Place potatoes in large bowl & toss with olive oil, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Put into roasting pan (17" by 11 1/2").
- Roast potatoes 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally with metal spatula, until golden and fork-tender.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
High marks on the Yum Meter! It didn't hurt that potatoes are my favorite food. This recipe is so simple, but so satisfying. I added a dash (or 3) of garlic powder, but omitted the garnish as we were in a hurry to get it from the plate to our stomachs. ;o) Thanks, Nana Lee, from me and Earl! (Ok, he didn't have any, but he wanted to thank you anyway.)